Monday, December 28, 2009

November and December

I just want everyone to know that when I started this blog I had every intention of keeping up with it better. I know, I know....my intentions are always good but there is a time when I need to admit, I might be a flake! I can't blame it on the 3 children or my OCD house cleaning. I'm pretty sure I have always been this way. Soooooo, let's see......November.......hmmmm.....not really sure where that month went. I know we had Thanksgiving. It was a very different Thanksgiving this year and I LOVED IT!!!! Mother decided we were no longer going to do the massage thing. I won't go into details why but what mother says, we do! As some of you may already know. Mom doesn't much care for Thanksgiving. She doesn't like all of the stress of cooking when she knows she will have to do it again in December. I think about 9 years ago she decided we would do Thanksgiving the day after and the women would go for massages and the men could go play golf. Most of us loved the idea and so for many years that is what we did. Well, you can't please everyone so things have changed again. This year we went to Newkirk's Junior class turkey dinner fundraiser. Mom did no cooking and we all brought dessert. We had a lovely time at the school eating out of cafeteria trays. It was really pretty good. That was the weekend before Thanksgiving so on the actual Thanksgiving day my family got to stay home. We had the nicest time. God gave us the most beautiful weather that day and so we just enjoyed it. Jeff and I promised each other we would do no work. We had a day filled with games, wii tournaments, a trip to the park, Oscar Meyer turkey sandwiches for lunch and cooked out hot dogs and smores for dinner. We ended the day with a family movie and then off to bed. I hope every Thanksgiving will go just like that!!!



Caroline at the park on Thanksgiving day.


Caroline on our way home after the park.



Jeff, Lydia and Grace making our Thanksgiving dinner.



Look at our feast!!!

Grace is in heaven with her hot dog and potato chips!

No comments: