I've decided to just try to update my blog once a month. We will see how this works! The new year has begun and we seem very blessed. We spent New Years Eve with the Ellis Family, of course. We had them over to our house and ate lots of food, played games and played wii fit. My oh my how midnight is getting harder and harder to stay awake for! Not much has happened in the month of January which is very nice. We have had extremely cold weather, a few beautiful days and just some nice family time. We have been doing little things around the house and just hanging out. Lydia had a gymnastics meet in Tulsa and did so well. She placed 1st overall in her level and age group. We are so proud of how hard she works. We have started date night at the Due house. Jeff and I get a date, and then we take turns with each of the girls. Grace and daddy went and had frozen yogurt on their night and the winter storm came when Lydia and I were supposed to have ours. We will try to double up in February to make it fair. Jeff and I went to our first dinner just the 2 of us in years. We were also struck with the stomach virus at our house. Caroline came down with it first, then Jeff, Grace and myself all at the same time. Can we say hell? We would have never survived without Lydia stepping up and helping out. My sweet friend Kathleen also jumped in and did way more than God ever expected of her. She is a very brave soul. Lydia followed 2 days later. I'm so glad that nightmare is over!
Goofy Papa celebrating his 68th birthday!
Jeff and Grace on date night.
Our house during the last big snow. Do you like the leaning mailbox? I wish the mailman would just run it over, maybe then Jeff would put up a new one!
Jeff, Lydia and Grace coming in from playing in the snow. Please notice Grace's face! Jeff had just stuck a snowball down her pants. My poor girls don't stand a chance. God really should have given Jeff a boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment